Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am dumb but not so dumb







For years I have tried to convince Nery that I needed to have a snake, I would really like to have a Ball Python, but for years I have been told that we have enough pets, once she said ok but if you get a snake I won't be here anymore. I have tried so many ways to win her over to the idea that a snake would be the perfect pet but I have found that not only her but people who don't like snakes just can't see the attraction. Personally I think snakes get a bum rap, they are really beautiful animals, they do a lot for us humans that we just don't appreciate, like keeping rodents that stink and spread disease under control. Snakes don't make any noise, they don't mess up the house, they don't stink, etc. but all to no avail. Then a little over a month ago Dave, Catie's husband came to me and asked ,if he got a snake would he be able to keep it here at our house. I almost passed out with excitement at the prospect of geting a snake, somehow thinking that if it were Dave's Nery just might agree. And I knew this was not a decision that would be mine to make, because in our house I am the head but Nery is definitely the neck that turns the head. I told him he would need to ask Nery, so he did ask Nery and she agreed so fast my jaw must have dropped to the floor. Well now we not only have one snake but four. So you see I may be dumb but I am not so dumb and Nery as the neck is still in charge. Everyone is happy!!!
Now if I can convince Dave that he needs a Ball Python everthing will be perfect.

2 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

I agree that snakes get a bad wrap. Why do you think that is?
Love the pictures you took though. These Kenyan Sand Boas are definitely my favorite. Bruce is gorgeous.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

hey dad! i "tagged" you. that means that you blog about 6 things people may or may not know about you (like my latest post).

catie p.