Sunday, October 12, 2008

On Religion


Christian or Christlike

How do I show my faith in Christ as I live my life?
Do I carry his cross by loving others comforting pain and strife?
Do I exemplify what He taught in every thought and deed?
Showing love and kindness to all, their hungry souls to feed

To follow Christ is to do His work setting the example
Share kind words and offer help whether difficult or simple
Never scorn nor put to shame others values they hold dear
Show my faith and by my example my testimony share

Find no fault only good in others no matter how they differ
Even if they ridicule my values and all that I stand for
Turn my cheek when I’m offended or when I’m put to shame
Pray for those who hate me in His Holy Name

Being Christlike is not easy we must give up all
Become humble and meek like a child small
Confess our dependence on Him for our eternal lives
Seek the guidance of our Father to open up our eyes

To be a Christian is a title that anyone can claim
To be Christlike is to take upon myself his Holy Name
To make a covenant to bear the burdens of my peers
Show them kindness and understanding help to calm their fears


Steve Coleman 03/20/02

No comments: