Sunday, October 19, 2008

A lesson I learned a few years ago

See The Whole Picture

A way to prove we’re not so wise
Is to be too quick to criticize
I for one need to change my thoughts
When I see something that seems off
At first glance it may seem wrong
Often a closer look reveals it does belong.

While driving in the park one day
A van was parked in the driveway
Great I said, “What fool parked there”
From the other side came a man pushing his wife in a wheelchair
He shouted I’m sorry am I in your way
In a sickened voice I said, “No you’re ok”

Quick to judge the situation
I was wrong in my perception
Things aren’t always what they appear
A closer look reveals my vision is unclear
Be slow to criticize and think before I speak
And for the good in others seek
If I do this I might find
An opportunity to help another and be kind

Occasionally I’m the one who needs the patience of my peers
I know how it feels to hear their jeers
“We don’t know what others are going through
How would you feel if it happened to you”?

Be slow to judge and always be fair
See the whole picture and show I care
Hold my tongue and be patient
Usually the inconvenience is insignificant

No comments: