Monday, December 1, 2008

Hunting in the night







After 3 weeks of fasting I guess my female python decided it was time to eat. I went downstairs to check on the snakes before going to work. As I entered their room this is what I saw. Somehow she was able to squeeze out from under 30 pounds of weight holding the screen lid on her aquarium and went hunting. It was obvious by the pose she was striking that she meant business. I placed her in the feeding cage and put one of the juvenile African Soft-furred rats in with her. She struck and killed it immediately and swallowed it down, later in the day I fed her a mouse which she wasted no time devouring. I also invested in a locking screened lid for her aquarium so she will not be having anymore late night escapades.

1 comment:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

That is hilarious. I love how you were able to run and get your camera and take pictures and she didn't move. It makes you wonder how long she had been eyeing those things.