Friday, December 19, 2008

Season of Love


Season of Love

What have we done you and me to this season of love and joy?
We stress ourselves and worry about giving some worldly toy
In sadness I lay in bed and weep for my lack of things of this world
And how I’ll disappoint my son and my little girls

Every year it’s the same old thing money is never enough
To buy the things I want for my kids all their stockings to stuff
I’m not alone, as I watch the news all society’s the same
They report “businesses are worried about the profit they’ll gain”

What have we done to this Season when we honor the birth
Of the Son of God, the Messiah, the Savior of this earth?
Does it please Him to know what we’ve become
Searching for worldly treasures instead of sharing His love and wisdom?

If we were to ask what gift would Christ like to see us give away
What would it be what gift would Jesus say?
Would he like the pushing and shoving at malls to fight for the newest fad
Or the way we suffer over profit and loss and things that make us sad?

Would it be to give our heart and soul to all the people we meet
To share the Love of Jesus with everyone that we greet?
Give my kids the opportunity to serve and bless another’s day
Go to church and worship Him, kneel and humbly pray?

Seek guidance from God to know his will what he would have us do
To bless the lives of others his work on earth to continue
Open our eye’s and hearts find ways to bless our neighbors
With love and kindness everyday not only once a year

There’s many things we can do, we must seek guidance from above
To know what each of us can do to make this a Season of Love
By Steve Coleman

No comments: