Sunday, November 16, 2008

Remember I said I am not so dumb, well here is proof







Occasionally I just need to get something off my chest, such was the case the other day with my rant about people's occasional stupidity around automobiles. I will try to keep my rants to a minimum.



On a happier note Thursday November 13th was my birthday. Featured in the pictures above is part of my birthday present from my son in law Dave. He gave me not one but two Ball Pythons. I am so excited, not only did he give me these two which are a breeding pair but he got a male Het. Lavender Albino male and a female is on the way that he will eventually breed. What that means is that not only did I get my Ball python but we will have 4 Ball Pythons, two breeding pairs and we will be breeding them.
I know that there are those of you shaking your heads asking why, why would anyone want a snake? And I know that no matter what good Dave or I could say about snakes and how beautiful they are it would never change your minds, so you will just have to accept that to us they are beautiful and you can continue to wonder why.
Snakes are misunderstood and maligned, it probably started with Lucifer being described in the bible as a serpent, and another reason is that several species of snakes are venomous so people are scared that any snake they see could be venomous. The other thing is that they don't have arms or legs and they slither, whatever the reason they are unfairly misjudged. Snakes are so important to the ecosystem by removing rodents that spread disease and ruin food supplies. I often hear people talk of seeing a snake in their yard and how they killed it. Very stupid thing to do, if there are snakes present it must be because there is a food source such at rats or mice. Snakes are not likely to enter your home in fact they would rather never be seen by humans. The rats and mice on the other hand will enter our homes, garages, sheds and other buildings and either destroy things or spread disease. Snakes don't spread disease they won't get into our food supplies or destroy things they just eat the rodents and then hide. We should all learn to respect snakes even if you can't learn to like them.
Thanks Dave and thanks to everyone for making my birthday so nice. In addition To the snakes, Thursday I got a wonderful call from Kristan and Gerhard in Germany, it was so good to hear from them, then Nery and I went out to dinner with my mom and then Friday Spencer and Rachel, Dave and Catie and Nery and I went to the temple then back to our house for dinner. It has been a great birthday I enjoyed spending time with my family both in person and on the phone. I love you all. Thank you!!!

3 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

i'm crushed. you mentioned nothing about that scrumptious cake i made you...of course i'm kidding. my apologies that it didn't turn out.
don't worry it won't be the end...i'm going to find another recipe...you'll see.

we're so glad you had a great birthday!

catie

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

I'll say this and be done-
I let Catie and Cory put makeup on me Saturday night. In return, Catie promised to hold the big female python for 3 full minutes.

Dave

Steve and Nery said...

My 1st question is did they get pictures? My next question is are you coming tonight? Because I want to get pictures of Catie holing her. Who knows maybe we can get Nery to at least touch her.