Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bonus Story of the Week for Halloween

I've been thinking the last week trying to remember my best scary story for Halloween. I've got a few but last night I got thinking about what truly is my scariest memory. I thought about all of the movies I have seen in my life trying to think of what movie was the scariest, what experience in my life scared me the most, when was I the most terrified. Here's a list of scary movies that were scary, (not slasher because I hate slasher movies. I have never seen any of the Friday the 13th, Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street Movies): My favorite scary movies are: The House on Haunted Hill, The Haunting of Hill House, The Crawling Eye, The old Wolfman, Mummy, Frankenstein, and Dracula movies, Poltergeist, The Ring terrified me. but the scariest of all, hands down is the Killing Fields. Not a horror move you say, what could be more horrifying than genocide and senseless brutal war. This movie scares me most because it really happened, and it continues to happen all over the world.

So what is my scariest experience? I would have to say and just like my scariest movie it has nothing to do with the supernatural but with something that most if not all of us have had to deal with at sometime in our life, neighborhood terrorists Bullies



Bullies intimidate, they scare, they take away your dignity, they are incredible cowards always picking on someone they know is weaker than they are and they surround themselves with bully friends that terrorize neighborhoods and school yards.Why are they so scary? Because of bullies people especially kids can be afraid to go to school or to go out and play, they can make you afraid to do the most basic things in life. I hate bullies I always have. There is a quote that "no one can make you feel anything everything is a choice". Maybe that person never had to deal with a bully.

When I was 8 years old I joined little league baseball, one evening after practice I was riding my bike home when a kid a couple of years older than me who all of us in the neighborhood were terrified of came after me with a paddle-ball paddle and started hitting me with it, then he pushed me off my bike and smacked me around with the paddle until he had his fill then left me there laying in the street bawling my head off. I got back on my bike and rode home. My dad was working in the yard when I rode up and saw I was upset and asked what happened. When I told him, I had never seen him get so angry, he put me in the car and we drove down to the kid's house. I stayed in the car but I watched him knock on the door, when the kid's mom answered he told her he wanted to see the kid, she of course wouldn't let him. I couldn't hear all that he said but whatever it was he must have made a believer out of her and the kid because he never gave me any trouble after that although I was always in fear of retaliation and I was still scared to death of him.

That was my first experience with a bully but not the last. I have had to deal with a few in my life and hated every minute of it. Bullies come in all types the worst these days are gang members and kids still have to put up with these poor excuses for human beings. Experts will say that bullies are the way they are because they lack self esteem, well boohoo we all have some sort of self esteem or self confidence issues at some time in our lives but most of us don't deal with it at the expense of others.

There is no excuse.

2 comments:

Steve and Nery said...

FROM NERY:
I was lucky that growing up I did not have to deal with bullies...but I know quite a few boys in our neighborhood had some pretty bad experiences. The thing that scared me the most in the Philippines were the Phil. Army guys who got drunk and would randomly shoot their weapons. Then one time some guys got mad at our neighbor and at midnight threw rocks at their house for a good 20 minutes. It woke us up and the noise was horrible.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

i think i purposely made a girl feel stupid for bullying another girl in junior high to try and defend the girl she was bullying...i guess that makes me a bully too...crap.

catie p.