Tuesday, October 6, 2009

1st Girl Friend


The year before I started Kindergarten my parents put me in a pre-school called Kiddie College. We lived in Woods Cross and Kiddie College was in Centerville. A very nice lady, Mrs. Liffreth picked me up along with several other kids and drove us to Kiddie College. I don't remember a whole lot about it other than it was fun and that I met my very first girl friend, Mrs. Liffreth's daughter Carla.

I lived the furthest from the pre-school so each day on the ride to and from pre-school Carla and I got to play in the back of their station wagon. We became good friends for the few months we were in Kiddie College. Then we went to elementary school Carla at JA Taylor in Centerville and me at South Davis Elementary in Woods Cross and we didn't see each other again for 4 years.

When I was in the third grade my parents built a home in Centerville and we transferred from South Davis Elementary to JA Taylor. By this time I had all but forgotten about Carla until during a fire drill a few days after moving to JA Taylor, I saw her on the playground. Excited to see her again I went over and started talking to her thinking we would still be good friends, but she wouldn't even look at me, in fact she ignored me like I wasn't there. I was so confused, what had happened? We had been such good friends and now she wanted nothing to to with me. I hadn't done anything to make her mad, how could I? We hadn't seen each other for over 4 years. I didn't understand why we were no longer friends but go over it fast, by that time I didn't care about playing with girls anyway. I had plenty of friends and plenty of other things to think about than a girl that was once my friend and for no reason that I could understand now acted like she hated me. Oh well I got over it quickly, in fact I have no further recollection of ever seeing her again after that day, since we were not in the same class and I think soon after that her family moved to Bountiful.

No comments: