Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Woods Cross Chainsaw Massacre











Nothing motivates a man to do work than a new power tool. I don't think I am obsessed as Tim the Tool Man Taylor but there is something about a power tool that makes a man feel like a man.
My old chainsaw that we got many years ago at a pawn shop gave up the ghost 2 years ago. Since that time pruning of the trees in our yard has been restricted to only what my hedge trimmer could handle. In the mean time two Chinese Elm trees have grown out of control on the side of our house, our cottonless Cottonwood Tree has grown branches that were starting to touch our roof, and our little , I call it the Umbrella tree in the front yard that is supposed to be cut back every year grew branches that hung over the side walk and our driveway. Well yesterday I broke down and got a new chainsaw, I took out one of the Chinese Elms, took off the branches of the Cottonwood tree that were posing threat to the roof and pruned back the "Umbrella" tree. I have pruned this tree back before and each time I do it I get criticized by some of my neighbors and Nery that I have pruned it back too far and probably killed it. Each time it has grown back beautifully. So this time I am documenting it here. I have included pictures and in a few months will post again showing the progress. The Chinese Elms however are going completely I will be putting root killer on them and hope it works, these trees seem indestructible.

2 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

oh my gosh...your tree has been be-headed!

good job dad...it looks awesome!

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

This is more of a shave than a hair-cut I'd say.

-Dave