Monday, February 25, 2013

Serendipity

Mountain Lion in colored pencil
Last Fall I broke the 300 zoom lens for my camera, and went several months without a telephoto lens. This ended my taking pictures of birds. However needing something to do I did something I have not done for years. I got out my colored pencils and drawing pad and started drawing. I'm not much of an artist but it has been great fun and something to do on these cold winter days. Here are a few of the pictures I have drawn over the last several months.

American Kestrel in colored pencil from one of my photographs, below is the photo that was my model.
American Kestrel taken at Farmington Bay
I drew this Cheetah while home with the flu
This Red Fox looks funny because I took the picture through glass in a frame. I drew this last Saturday while there was a blizzard outside. I had just returned from doing an Eagle tour at Farmington Bay.
The following pictures are from a picture book I made for my Grandkids, pictures that went with a CD I made for them of some of my favorite children's songs.

For the song "Got No Bugs On Me" 
For Puff the Magic Dragon
For the Unicorn Song
For the song, I think we're gonna be frinds
For Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport
For Octopuses Garden
For I've Been Work'n on the Railroad 
I did get a new lens and I have taken some pictures, which I have posted on my Birdn Blog. But I intend on continuing to practice drawing. 

No comments: