Sunday, November 21, 2010

People Watching in Saronno

Train Station in Saronno Italy

During our Stay in Saronno Italy, Kristan and Nery wanted to do some shopping. I don't like to shop so I went out on the street and watched the local people and took some pictures. I know nothing of this region of Italy I know very little of Italian culture but spending time watching these interesting people I have drawn some conclusions. I'm not sure if I am correct because I really have no way to verify my conclusions only what I observed during one of the most interesting hours of our trip.

Some observations I made are:

  • They Love to visit with friends, everywhere people were sitting on park benches or just standing on the street talking. 
  • There are a lot of small children and babies in this area, there were people pushing baby carriages and strollers, riding kids on their bikes. 
  • Many children are taken care of by their grandparents while their parents are working, I saw a lot of older people with babies and small children. 
  • Italians are very affectionate, I saw many touching displays of affection, boys and girls walking arm in arm, Older men and women walking arm in arm and as you will see, older ladies walking arm in arm.
  •  Italians love to walk and ride their bikes everywhere people were walking and riding bicycles, all the way from small children to senior citizens. 
My impression of these people is they are down to earth, they love their families, they love their friends and they love their way of life. Saronno was beautiful and charming, I hope I will be able to return there some day.





















  








Nery came out from shopping and my hour of watching the good people of Saronno was over

No comments: