Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Amazing Night Out With Nery To See BB King and Lucille







About 38 years ago when I was in Jr. High School my brother Ken, a couple of our friends and I went to the old Salt Palace in Salt Lake to our first concert. We saw Credence Clear Water Revival. It was an amazing night and one that was made more amazing because of the opening act, a singer guitar player none of us had ever heard of an artist by the name of BB King. I knew that I liked him but they never played his music on the radio and it was years before I heard of him again and started listening to his music and bought some of his CD's. For the last 10 years I have wanted to see him again in concert but for one reason or another each time he came to Salt Lake I was not able to go. About two months ago DeOna, a lady that I work with told me that BB King was coming to the Kingsbury Hall. I went right to my desk and ordered the tickets and this last Tuesday the event I have long awaited came and this time I was able to go to his concert with Nery and really appreciate and enjoy the show. BB King is 83 years old and he put on the best concert I have ever been to. Many of the artists that we listened to as kids voices are starting to give out but BB King still sounds as good as he ever did. He not only came out and played music with his amazing band but he interacted with the audience, and thanked us several time for supporting him. I have never heard an entertainer be so sincere and gracious. He played for almost 2 hours, he is a great Blues/Jazz singer and guitar player and also a great showman and entertainer. If he ever comes back to Salt Lake I will see him again.



Thanks to Nery for being my date I love doing things with my wonderful wife. Thanks to Catie for providing valet service for us so we wouldn't have to walk in the rain, thanks to Bennett who entertained us for a half hour before the concert and thanks to Dave for letting Catie help us out, all of you helped make it a wonderful evening for me.

1 comment:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

our pleasure!
we're so glad
you kiddos
had fun.

catie